commons-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Fischer <mistuwefisc...@web.de>
Subject Re: [Telnet] how to determine the prompt?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:05:09 GMT
Hello Pierre,

thanks for your answer.
Yes, I did what you mention. But it's not "really" solving my issue. The problem I face is
that the devices I attach to can have the "#" or ">" characters maintained in a user welcome
messages when logging in. E.g., the following welcome message is displayed when logging on
to the device:
Welcome at "hostname". In case of any issues contact Uwe

How can one distinguish the "#" character when used in a comment and when used to indicate
the prompt?

Another problem could occur when somebody would redirect stdout of a Unix system to a file,
e.g.:
ls -l > output_list.txt

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,