commons-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Fischer <>
Subject [Telnet] how to determine the prompt?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:50:27 GMT
Hello all,

I'm looking for a solution to a problem that bothers me for quite some time now and I hope
somebody here can help me out.
I'm using the telnet api to connect to various systems, which works fine.
The problem I face is, how can I determine that a command has run to its end if there is no
static "prompt" character like "#" or ">", but dynamically changing prompt characters?

I have read through the Telnet specification but couldn't find anything that deals with this
kind of problem. But surely there must be a solution to this. I have found another thread
in this mailing list concerning a similar issue, posted by: Anthony Webster Thu, 28 Feb 2008
10:54:35 GMT. Unfortunately none has answered it yet.

Thanking in advance,

Jeden Monat 1 hochkarätiger maxdome-Blockbuster GRATIS!
Exklusiv für alle WEB.DE Nutzer.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message