commons-user mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [Logging] Problem with rollover
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:45:48 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 13:38 -0400, vishist mandapaka wrote:
> Hi,
>     We're using commons-logging as part of our logging framework. The
> environment is websphere process server 6.x on windows server 2003 with
> jdk 1.4. For some reason, the rollover of logs files is not happening
> and its overwriting the same file. The same configuration file was used
> with other projects on weblogic and websphere portal and its working
> fine. I'm enclosing the log4j configuration file along with this mail. I
> manually created rollover-files just to get around the scenario where
> the server may not have permissions to create a log file, but the
> strange thing is it is deleting the rollover log files and writing onto
> the same file. Please let me know if I'm missing anything here.

You should ask about this issue on the log4j lists, not the commons
list. See:
  http://logging.apache.org/

This list is the right place for commons-logging issues. However all
that commons-logging does is figure out which logging library to pass
the call onto. As long as it is doing that right, the rest (eg logfile
rolling) is up to whichever logging lib you are using.

Regards,
Simon