commons-user mailing list archives

From jie...@gmail.com
Subject [httpclient] logging problems
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 17:21:56 GMT
Greetings, thanks for all your work on this project!

I'm finding that in practice the org.apache.httpclient log name is not
isolating the httpclient messages. I had to specifically use
httpclient.wire in order to hide those log messages. I've glanced
through the source code, and it doesn't *seem* that I should have to
do this.. just curious if anyone else is seeing this? I have set
org.apache = warn but still see the wire messages.

Here is the Manifest from the commons-httpclient.jar:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: 10.0-b19 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Extension-Name: httpclient
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Version: 3.1

Thanks in advance,
-jesse