commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jim the Standing Bear" <standingb...@gmail.com>
Subject which commons codec converts space to %20?
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 04:23:36 GMT
hello,

I am always under the impression that URL encoding converts spaces to
%20, and only to find out the URLEncoder from both commons-codec and
java converts spaces to "+" signs.

So the question is, which codec converts spaces to %20?  I am working
on a piece of code that allows users to download some files, and if
the spaces in the filenames are converted to "+" signs, then firefox
automatically chops off everything from the first "+" to the end.  So
I would like to convert them to %20 instead, but not sure which code
actually does that.  Thanks.

- Jim