commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Wagner" <>
Subject [commons-logging] cannot use commons-logging (or any library that uses it) in secure client
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 07:39:12 GMT
I have a problem starting my client in a secure context when I use a
library that uses commons-logging. (e.g. spring)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.<clinit>(Class
at Source)
Caused by: access denied
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImp l read)
at (Unknown Source)
at nown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unkn own Source)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactor
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(Log
... 34 more

private static final Hashtable createFactoryStore() {
Hashtable result = null;
String storeImplementationClass
if (storeImplementationClass == null) {
storeImplementationClass = WEAK_HASHTABLE_CLASSNAME;

I do not get the Problem If I sign the jars and use the
'permision-all' tag in my jnlp, but that is not what I want.

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome that problem ???

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message