commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Wagner" <wwagn...@gmail.com>
Subject [commons-logging] cannot use commons-logging (or any library that uses it) in secure client
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 07:39:12 GMT
Hi
I have a problem starting my client in a secure context when I use a
library that uses commons-logging. (e.g. spring)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.<clinit>(Class Utils.java:73)
at org.springframework.core.io.DefaultResourceLoader.
<init>(DefaultResourceLoader.java:52)
(...)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImp l read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission (Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unk nown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unkn own Source)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactor
yStore(LogFactory.java:320)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(Log Factory.java:1725)
... 34 more

private static final Hashtable createFactoryStore() {
Hashtable result = null;
String storeImplementationClass
= System.getProperty(HASHTABLE_IMPLEMENTATION_PROPER TY);
if (storeImplementationClass == null) {
storeImplementationClass = WEAK_HASHTABLE_CLASSNAME;

I do not get the Problem If I sign the jars and use the
'permision-all' tag in my jnlp, but that is not what I want.

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome that problem ???