commons-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [dbcp] Re: unexpected close
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 23:31:17 GMT
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Adrián Cuartero
<adriancuartero@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a web service connected to postgresql. If i use the connections to the database
and close them normaly i don't have any problem, but now i'm trying to use BasicDataBase class
to pool the connections but when i close a connection to return it to the pool the postgresql
log show this message :"unexpected EOF on client connection".

> What can i do to solve this problem?

What version of DBCP are you using and what version of the postgres driver?

Also, can you share the code that a) uses BasicDataSource (I assume
that is what you mean) to get the connection and b) closes it?

Are you running inside Tomcat or another app server or are you setting
up the pool yourself?  If the latter, are you closing the pool?

Phil