commons-user mailing list archives

From "lahiru gunathilake" <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I use Apache CLI to develop command line interpreter using Java
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 05:15:33 GMT
Hi devs,

I'm writing a command line interpreter for Apache Qpid using java and I'm
thinking whether I can use Apache CLI for that. With more details I'm going
to write a CLI which is capable of extracting JMX information from Apache
Qpid since it's JMX thing I have to develop it using Java and I'm confuse
whether I have to develop the command line related thing from the scratch
and while I'm searching some library to use for the command line thing I
found this Apache CLI and I just want to know whether I can use Apache CLI
as an intermediate library or intermediate code for my command line
interface.
My command line interpreter is like this, First user runs the main script
with appropriate parameters then it connects with a remote machine and
display a command prompt and user is allow to run it's native commands and
get different information from the remote machine. So in this kind of a
purpose can I use Apache CLI..?

Could you please tell me can I use Apache CLI for my project and if you need
some more about what I'm going to do I can let you know ASAP.

Any thoughts  please..:-)

Thanks in advance

Regards
lahiru