commons-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About commons codec ver 1.1 and export control rules
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 16:35:07 GMT
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Trevisson Cristina
<cristina.trevisson@nsn.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Would you be so kind to help me in answering the following question ?
> Does "common codec ver 1.1" contain "symmetric cryptographic algorithms
> employing a key length in excess of 56 bits or an asymmetric algorithm"
> ?
> In general is there any document that gives the export control
> classification for Commons Codec ?

There is documentation on this for the whole ASF here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

Theres an "Apache Commons" section - and as Codec is not listed there
then AFAIK that means there is no cryptographic functionality in
Codec.

Niall

Niall