commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: VFS FTP AbstractFileObject.isWriteable() Causes NullPointerException
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 05:14:57 GMT
Hi!
> 1. I receive a NullPointerException from
> AbstractFileObject.isWriteable() when I attempt to copy
> VFSFTPTest.class from a local directory to one on a FTP server:

Could you please try the latest VFS (aka 2.0) nightly build, there a lot
of stuff in this area has been changed.
It seems the VFS nightly build system if broken again, you have to build
a version yourself by gathering the source from svn as described here [1]
and using maven 2 to build with "mvn -DskipTests install" from within
the checked out VFS directory. But probably you know that :-)

> 2. file.findFiles() will return a 0 length array, or a null array depending on the FTP
server I connect to.

>    This should be consistent, one or the other, don't you think?

Even this is changed in the version mentioned above. Please give it a try.

Ciao,
Mario

[1] http://commons.apache.org/vfs/download.html