commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Andersson ...@ofs.no>
Subject Re: Reading unicode characters from a form in multipart/form-data format
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 06:42:49 GMT
Hi there, if you don't get it solved with the new jar that you got from
Song Jason youmight try to convert the text yourself.. (I have done this
when I've been using commons fileupload.

what is happening is that commons fileupload is reading the text as if
it was encoded in ISO-8859-1, so here is what I have been using to
convert it to UTF-8

String name = ...   // get parameter from commons file upload
name =name.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"),"UTF-8");