commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [cli2] Negative number arguments seen as options
Date Sat, 31 May 2008 01:27:33 GMT
On 31/05/2008, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
>  > Niall Pemberton a écrit :
>  >>
>  >> How can Avalon CLI be released - that projects closed?
>  >
>  > The Avalon CLI code was imported in a branch of Commons CLI:
>  >
>  > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/cli/branches/avalon-implementation/
>

> Ah OK - but were really not going to release that -would seem crazy to
>  potentially have three different flavours out there to support (CLI1,
>  CLI2, CLI-avalaon).

The original Excalibur Avalon CLI may be used by projects other than
JMeter; if so, then it would be useful for them to have access to an
updated bug fix version that does not require a major rewrite.

The main motivation for making the Avalon version available was that
at the time the other CLI versions were very far from being ready for
use, whereas Avalon was working fine with the fixes applied in JMeter.

Unfortunately nothing happened to it - or indeed the other CLI
implementations - until recently so it was not as useful as I'd hoped.

I think it has quite an easy API to use compared with CLI1.
I don't know what the CLI2 API is like.

But if no-one wants to use it - that's fine by me.
JMeter can continue using its own copy.