commons-user mailing list archives

From Tino Schöllhorn <t.schoellh...@plattform-gmbh.de>
Subject [EXEC] Quoting of arguments
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:37:42 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to switch to commons-exec. Now I found the following issue:
We have small commandline-wrapper around "ImageMagick". So we have a
commandline which is something like:

cmd /C convert ${in} -resize "500x>" ${out}

When using that command with a "simple" Process without parsing etc the
command executes fine. But when using EXEC with CommandLine.parse there
is an error as EXEC is discarding the quotes (").

When I debug the corresponding CommandLine-Object I get the arguments
like that:

cmd
/c
convert
${in}
-resize
500x>
${out}

ImageMagick needs those quotes on our target platforms (Windows and
Linux). So is there a way to protect those quotes?

Cheers,
Tino