commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: problem to create FTP client
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:10:24 GMT
Have you tried closing the output stream?  Also, you might want to try
copying more than one byte at a time.  I usually use a byte[] buffer:

public static void copy(InputStream in, OutputStream out, int
bufferSize) throws IOException
{
    int bytesRead = -1;
    final byte[] buffer = new byte[bufferSize];
    while ((bytesRead = in.read(buffer)) != -1)
    {
        out.write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
    }
}

Hope that helps!

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Zoran Jeremic <jeremic1974@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm using a commons-net to upload an ArgoUML project (archive with extension .zargo)
and its class diagram as picture (.png) to the remote FTP server. Its works fine in case FTP
client and FTP server are on the same PC. However, if the FTP client is on other PC it also
upload both files picture and project to the FTP repository but those files has only 1 kb
instead of 5 or more and are unreadable.