commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Integer division
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:17:11 GMT
On 4/29/08, Daniel Westheide <daniel.westheide@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  in the JEXL syntax reference - http://commons.apache.org/jexl/reference/syntax.html
- it says that the div operator can be used to perform an integer division. In the example,
"4 div 3" is supposed to give 1.

>  However, when I use the div operator in JEXL 1.0 or 1.1, its behaviour is identical
to that of the division operator "/" - integer division simply seems not to be possible in
JEXL. Is this a bug or is the documentation simply outdated?

<snip/>

A quick look at the JEXL parser code seems to suggest that div and /
are treated equivalently by the parser.

Unless anyone chimes in WRT that bit of documentation about integer
division (and/or the original intent for the operators), seems the
docs need to be changed.

-Rahul