commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New user here
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:48:48 GMT
I'll reply to the other email, thanks for changing the subject :-)

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil
<Landon.Ouyang@itt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new user of Commons SCXML. I have two very basic questions:
>

> 1)      How much of the W3C specs for SCXML is supported with Common SCXML? Are all of
the tags recognized?

> 2)      Basing my code off of the simple stopwatch example, I created a simple Java app
that navigated across 10 states. I noticed that if I put any code in the state handler methods
that fires off events to transition to other states, the application still thinks I am in
the *previous* state! For example, if I am in the state 5 subroutine and fire off an EVENT_NEXT
event to go to state 6, the app actually keeps me in state 5 because it still thinks I am
in state 4! Is it true that the state machine transitions *after* the handler for the new
state is called? If so, how do I put custom code so that the state can make transition decisions
based on certain conditions?