commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil" <Landon.Ouy...@itt.com>
Subject RE: [SCXML] XML engine decoupled from code
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:00:11 GMT
Rahul,

Thanks once again for the quick response.

Before reading your e-mail I had already decided to go with the <invoke>
route for developing our implementation. I made our state machine class
an invoker class and registered it with the SCXML executor. The invoke()
method would trim the string passed in as the source parameter and
invoke the method similar to the AbstractStateMachine class. I am now
able to add statements in the XML that utilize the <invoke> tag to
invoke Java methods defined inside the state machine class.

I ran into a problem which leads me to believe I may have chosen the
wrong route: I cannot access the initiated values of the class! For
example, the state machine needed access to the GUI to change various
widgets. I had a member assigned to the JFrame to accomplish this but
this member is now null in the invoked method even though I correctly
initialized it earlier! This never happened before until I transformed
the state machine class to an invoker class. Is the Invoker object a
separate instance of the original state machine object?

--
Landon Ouyang
Member Technical Staff