commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil" <Landon.Ouy...@itt.com>
Subject [SCXML] W3C specs compatibility and state transition issues
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:30:27 GMT
Apologize for the duplicate e-mail, I had to be schooled on the proper format by Mr. Cooper.
:)

I am a new user of Commons SCXML. I have two very basic questions:

1)      How much of the W3C specs for SCXML is supported with Common SCXML? Are all of the
tags recognized?

2)      Basing my code off of the simple stopwatch example, I created a simple Java app that
navigated across 10 states. I noticed that if I put any code in the state handler methods
that fires off events to transition to other states, the application still thinks I am in
the *previous* state! For example, if I am in the state 5 subroutine and fire off an EVENT_NEXT
event to go to state 6, the app actually keeps me in state 5 because it still thinks I am
in state 4! Is it true that the state machine transitions *after* the handler for the new
state is called? If so, how do I put custom code so that the state can make transition decisions
based on certain conditions?

--
Landon Ouyang
Member Technical Staff

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for
e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT
Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.