commons-user mailing list archives

From "Riccardo Fabrizio" <Fabrizio.Ricca...@bhuman.it>
Subject [Commons VSF] FTP Problem
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:00:44 GMT
Hello,

i have a problem connecting to a ftp server through Apache Commons VFS.

The remote ftp server contains many files (over 5000) organized in a
tree directory structure.

When vfs starts to retrieve files list from first directory and this one
contains many files, it waits a long time (depending on number of files
.. 15 minutes too sometimes) before start hashing the next directory.

I have tried to change CacheStrategy but it doesn't work.

I suspect the problem is in DefaultMonitor class ..

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Fabrizio

Chi riceve il presente messaggio e' tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non gli sia pervenuto
per errore. In tal caso e' pregato di avvisare immediatamente il mittente e, tenuto conto
delle responsabilita connesse all'indebito utilizzo e/o divulgazione del messaggio e/o delle
informazioni in esso contenute, voglia cancellare l'originale e distruggere le varie copie
o stampe.

The receiver of this message is required to check if he/she has received it erroneously. If
so, the receiver is requested to immediately inform the sender and - in consideration of the
responsibilities arising from undue use and/or disclosure of the message and/or the information
contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout thereof.