commons-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject [math] normal distribution - probability mass function?
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:07:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking to include the capability in a project to calculate both the
cumulative normal distribution as well as the normal probability mass
function.  (similar to Excel's NORMDIST function).

I see that NormalDistribution has a method to return the cumulative
probability, but does not have the probability function itself.  Can anyone
comment on why this missing?  (or if there's an alternative way to calculate
what I'm looking for?)

Thanks in advance,

WILL