commons-user mailing list archives

From "Romualdo Rubens de Freitas" <romuald...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem initializing XMLPropertyListConfiguration
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 00:54:20 GMT
Hi Michael,

Maybe it's not a bug. If you read carefully the value in the <integer>
element seems to be a date value.

So, as Emmanuel suggests, you can read it as a long value because, in
Java, date values are stored
as a long value inside java.util.Date class or you can construct a
java.util.GregorianCalendar object and
call its setTimeInMillis() method passing in the long value.

Regards,
Romualdo Rubens de Freitas

2008/4/3 Michael Cugini <michael.cugini@escapemg.com>:
> Hey all,
>
>  I've been recently attempting to parse iTunes music library xml plists, and
> have run into an issue.  When loading an XMLPropertyListConfiguration the
> following exception is thrown:
>
>    org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to parse
> the configuration file
>        at
> org.apache.commons.configuration.plist.XMLPropertyListConfiguration.load(XMLPropertyListConfiguration.java:249)
>    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
> "3290007019"
>        at
> java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
>        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:459)
>        at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Integer.java:620)
>
>  The offending line in the XML file is:
>
>  3290007019 is outside of the range of an int, so I'm guessing that is the
> issue.  Is this a case of a malformed plist, or a bug
> XMLPropertyListConfiguration?
>  Is there any way I can solve this?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  --
>  Michael Cugini
>  Software Engineer Escape Media Group, Inc. 201 SE 2nd Ave. Ste 209
> Gainesville, FL 32601 Cell: (941) 504-0479 http://www.escapemg.com/
> http://www.grooveshark.com/

Romualdo Rubens de Freitas