commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: commons-configuration XMLConfiguration save pretty-printed
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:33:33 GMT
Christian Migowski schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way of saving a XMLConfiguration "pretty-printed", i.e. with
> indentions, without empty lines...? I think i could get the Document and
> then save it by myself using e.g. an jdom XMLOutputter, but i would be
> interested to know if there is a "XMLConfiguration native" way of archieving
> this.
>
> thanks & regards,
> christian!

I am afraid, there is no native way of saving an XMLConfiguration in a
pretty-printed way.

In the very early days, before the first release, we had used dom4j for
handling XML documents. But then we decided to drop this dependency
because it did not gain us such a big benefit, and our dependency list
was already pretty long.

So in short I think, your suggestion to apply an external formatter to
the wrapped Document is a good strategy.

Oliver