commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject [EXEC] Help needed for regression testing ...
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:47:08 GMT
Hi folks,

commons-exec (see http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/) is about
running external processes from within a JVM - and there are a lot of OS
and JVM versions out there (plus a lot of code in commons-exec to handle
this).

So if you feel adventurous and have some time to spare ...

+) I uploaded a self-contained test distribution to
http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/commons-exec/exec-test-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
+) If you unpack the zip file you are able to start the regression tests
using 'sh ./testme.sh" or 'testme.bat'
+) Make sure that you have $JAVA_HOME defined as environment variable to
pick up your Java installation to be used
+) It runs all regression tests without requiring to have ANT or Maven
installed
+) Send a quick feedback about the test result and the OS/JVM being used
so I can update the website

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: Please, don't run the tests on a mission-critical & super-important
box - some of the tests are quite heavy (e.g. starting thousand
processes to make sure that we don't have any memory/handle leaks)