commons-user mailing list archives

From Agile Aspect <agile.asp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Collections] "For each pair" iterator
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:33:01 GMT
Hi - here you go.

Note, Set is an interface so I implement it with 3 different concert
classes, namely

    HashSet
    LinkedHashSet
    TreeSet

using generics.

If you're not familiar with generics, then remove all occurences of

    <Integer>

Hope this helps.

import java.util.HashSet;
import java.util.LinkedHashSet;
import java.util.Set;
import java.util.TreeSet;

public class MySet {

    public static void test(Set<Integer> set, String string){
        set.add(new Integer(1));
        set.add(new Integer(4));
        set.add(new Integer(2));
        set.add(new Integer(3));
        System.out.println(string+":");
        Object[] array=new Object[set.size()];
        array=set.toArray();
        for(int i=0; i<set.size(); i++) {
            for(int j=0; j<set.size(); j++) {
                if(j > i) {
                    System.out.println(array[i]+","+array[j]);
                }
            }
        }
    }

    public static void main(String args[]){
        test(new HashSet<Integer>(),"HashSet");
        test(new TreeSet<Integer>(),"TreeSet");
        test(new LinkedHashSet<Integer>(),"LinkedHashSet");
    }
}

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."