commons-user mailing list archives

From lena...@email.arizona.edu
Subject Re: Betwixt: BeanReader setup question
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:01:44 GMT
Nathalie,

With betwixt configuration (either in a global, app-level config or on a per
class with <class>.betwixt), you can ask Betwixt to ignore properties when
writing out a bean and reading in a bean.

ExampleNode.betwixt:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<info primitiveTypes='element'>
   <hide property='position'/>
   <element name='exampleNode'>
     <addDefaults/>
   </element>
</info>

I'm by no means an expert on betwixt or BeanReader.  But I got things to work
with .betwixt files, so that's what I've used in the cases where I'm
leveraging
Betwixt.

You'll find some more information about .betwixt configuration in the "Getting
Started" page on the Betwixt page:

   http://commons.apache.org/betwixt/guide/start.html

I looked on the site for into about the global config approach and
couldn't find
it.  I might have pulled it from the Jakarta Commons O'Reilly book. I have
access to Safari Online through my ACM membership, so I used that book a bit
when I started out.

I hope that helps,

Andy