commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brent Worden" <brent.wor...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [math] normal distribution - probability mass function?
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 00:18:24 GMT
The pdf could definitely be used as a kernel for kernel density
estimation.

Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Glass-Husain [mailto:wglass@forio.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:59 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [math] normal distribution - probability mass function?

Hi Phil,

We offer an online simulation toolkit, which (among other things) offers
set of mathematical functions to users.  ( forio.com/broadcast ).  One
of
our users requested we add an Excel-like NORMDIST function for
cumulative
probability distribution.  Since we are adding this function, I thought
it'd
be a good idea to offer a more complete set of distribution functions,
including the probability mass function.

Best, WILL