commons-user mailing list archives

From bob <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Safe to continue parsing after SizeLimitExceededException
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 00:05:02 GMT
Having looked into this I think I can answer my own questions now. For
the benefit of others I will answer them here ;-)

bob wrote:
> I have two related questions:
>
> #1 Will I encounter any problems if I override the
> FileUploadBase#parseRequest(..) method and continue parsing the request
> after an exception is raised? Meaning I continue iterating and
> extracting the remaining request items.

Yes you will have problems. Since FileUpload v1.2.1 the
request#inputStream is closed when a FileSizeLimitExceededException is
thrown. FileItemIterator can't parse any more items once the stream is
closed.

> #2 Are form fields parsed before the actual files are parsed? Meaning if
> an exception is raised during my custom FileUploadBase#parseRequest
> method can I just grab all the FileItem instances already created at
> that point and just exit the method, knowing all form fields are
> available. Or should I continue parsing the request and do the check
> fileItem#isFormField?

No the order of the items are as they appear on the HTML Form.

kind regards

bob