commons-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Kjäll <a...@alatest.com>
Subject commons net ftp list command
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:48:04 GMT

Hi

I have a small problem getting the org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient
to work correctly.

I attached a small test case that showcases the problem on my linux
system running jdk1.6.0_03 from sun.

The output from the program looks like this:

listing:
exit
connected

and as can be seen it seems to do some kind of exit on line 28, it never
reaches the println statement on line 32.

If i sniff the network traffic for the connection i notice this exchange
after the login (full dump attached as tcpdump.txt):

me: SYST
server: 215 UNIX Type: L8
me:
server: 500 OOPS:
server: vsf_sysutil_recv_peek: no data

What i feel is strange is that the ftp client doesn't send a PASV
command and i can't see any LIST command either.

And if the ftp client recieves an error, shouldn't it throw an exception
instead of exiting totally?

As I'm new to this library it could maybe be that i have missunderstood
how to use it, in that case i would appreciate some hints on where to
read up on the usage pattern i should have.

--
Alexander Kjäll
Developer