commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No javadoc or source downloads
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:39:36 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 02/03/2008, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>> Dennis Lundberg schrieb:
>>
>>> Parks, Bill (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) wrote:
>>  >> Please add javadoc and source downloads for version 1.5. The files on
>>  >> the ibiblio site are corrupt.
>>  >
>>  > You might want to contact ibiblio about that. All Apache artifacts are
>>  > deployed to the central repository, ibiblio is just a mirror of that. I
>>  > found the files you are looking for at this address and they work fine:
>>  >
>>  > http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.5/
>>  >
>>  >

>> Something strange seems to be going on here. As Dennis pointed out the
>>  jars are available in the central maven2 repository. In the maven1
>>  repository [1] they are listed, but cannot be accessed (404 not found).
>>
>>  The release was maven1-based, and according to the release guidelines
>>  the artifacts were copied to the ibiblio rsync directory - where they
>>  obviously still are.
>>
>>  No idea why they cannot be accessed any more.
>
> Could it be the same cause as:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-572
>
> i.e. rewrite rule problems?

That seems to be the case. Here's the rewritten URL that I get when
clicking on the javadoc jar:

/maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.5-javadoc/commons-configuration-1.5-javadoc.jar

The real file is at:

/maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.5/commons-configuration-1.5-javadoc.javadoc.jar

Two error in there:
- The classifier "-javadoc" is added to the version directory.
- The actual file has a strange name with an extra ".javadoc" near the end.

>>  Oliver
>>
>>  [1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven/commons-configuration/jars/

Dennis Lundberg