commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No javadoc or source downloads
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:28:19 GMT
On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>  > On 02/03/2008, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>  >> Dennis Lundberg schrieb:
>  >>
>  >>> Parks, Bill (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) wrote:
>  >>  >> Please add javadoc and source downloads for version 1.5. The files
on
>  >>  >> the ibiblio site are corrupt.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > You might want to contact ibiblio about that. All Apache artifacts are
>  >>  > deployed to the central repository, ibiblio is just a mirror of that.
>  >>  > found the files you are looking for at this address and they work fine:
>  >>  >
>  >>  > http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.5/
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Something strange seems to be going on here. As Dennis pointed out the
>  >>  jars are available in the central maven2 repository. In the maven1
>  >>  repository [1] they are listed, but cannot be accessed (404 not found).
>  >>
>  >>  The release was maven1-based, and according to the release guidelines
>  >>  the artifacts were copied to the ibiblio rsync directory - where they
>  >>  obviously still are.
>  >>
>  >>  No idea why they cannot be accessed any more.
>  >
>  > Could it be the same cause as:
>  >
>  > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-572
>  >
>  > i.e. rewrite rule problems?
>
>  That seems to be the case. Here's the rewritten URL that I get when
>  clicking on the javadoc jar:
>
>  /maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.5-javadoc/commons-configuration-1.5-javadoc.jar
>
>  The real file is at:
>
>  /maven2/commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.5/commons-configuration-1.5-javadoc.javadoc.jar
>

>  Two error in there:
>  - The classifier "-javadoc" is added to the version directory.
>  - The actual file has a strange name with an extra ".javadoc" near the end.

It's the same issue as:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-524

At least for the javadoc. I deployed javadoc for all components a
while back, but it got mis-synced for some reason. I've a script on
the repository that could fix it [didn't have the guts to try it out
live] and I stopped volunteering as a repository admin.

Hen