commons-user mailing list archives

From Charl Gerber <charlger...@yahoo.com>
Subject Commons e-mail attachments
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:06:25 GMT
Hi,

I create pdf documents in memory and want to attach
them to outgoing e-mails. I cannot find a way to do it
with the EmailAttachment object, I currectly use
HtmlEmail.embed(ByteArrayDataSource) for that. It
works, but my mail client (Thunderbird) doesn't show
the attachment icon next to the mail in the inbox. I
have to open the e-mail and then see the attachment at
the bottom.

Is this a problem with Thunderbird, or indeed because
the attachment is embedded and not really attached? If
the latter, how can I properly attach it?

Thanks
Charl