commons-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Perkins" <Steve.Perk...@trx.com>
Subject Which JAR file contains TesterDriver and supporting classes?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:29:30 GMT

	I'm trying to use JNDI in a standalone application, following
the example posted at:

http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/guide/jndi-howto.html

	The example at the bottom of that page runs after I include
several JAR's in my CLASSPATH (the Sun JNDI JAR's, Commons DBCP, and
Commons Pool).  However, I'm still getting a ClassNotFoundException at
runtime, because the test class cannot find
"org.apache.commons.dbcp.TesterDriver".

	Based on the package name, one would expect that this class
would be found within the Commons DBCP JAR.  However, it is not present
there... and I haven't found it even when going back to older versions
of that JAR in the archive.

	Doing a Google search, I found the text for the
TesterDriver.java class specifically, and tried putting that source in
my environment.  However, it in turn has dependencies on other classes
such as "TesterConnection", etc.  Rather than chase down every single
dependency class one-by-one, I'd rather figure out what is going on here
at the root level.  Obviously I am missing some JAR that contains all
these classes already, can someone point me in the proper direction?
Thanks in advance!

Steve