commons-user mailing list archives

From Luis Gustavo Covino <lgcov...@gmail.com>
Subject bugs 38688, 39377, NET-73 ??
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:40:19 GMT

Hello,
I am facing an issue with commons-net 1.4.0 and saw in the change log
that the unreleased version 1.4.x has this patch for "fixing a
TelnetInputStream hang". I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if
what I am seeing resembles that problem.
My Jboss had 3 threads using a lot of CPU. They all had a stack like
this (this is the full stack Jconsole shows):

Name: Thread-319524
State: RUNNABLE
Total blocked: 353 Total waited: 51
Stack trace:
org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetInputStream.__processChar(TelnetInputStream.java:280)
org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetInputStream.run(TelnetInputStream.java:567)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Do you think this could be related to NET-73? Normally the threads do a
quick telnet to a router, disconnect and finish, but these seem to be in
a loop, with high CPU usage. Very hard to reproduce unfortunately...

Thanks very much,
Gustavo