commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revival of a Commons Dormant: Jakarta FeedParser
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:51:43 GMT

On 13.02.2008, at 13:11, Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Although we are very happy with ROME for our RSS feeds, we have a
> heavier project on the horizon where Feedparser's SAX architecture
> would be more appropriate.
>
> We are willing to help towards a release and further development
> but taking this over completely requires more resources than we can
> spare. Are others interested to explore whether a dev community
> around Feedparser is viable?

Actually Kevin forked the feedparser because he was frustrated with
our release process.

  http://tailrank.com/code.php

Unfortunately it seems like in the end the end forking doesn't really
help either. As the download link is broken. And I could not find it
anywhere.

Maybe it would be worth checking with him to get copy, merge it back
and then go from there?

cheers
--
Torsten