commons-user mailing list archives

From Job Honig <j...@xs4all.nl>
Subject How to abort Commons-Daemon during Init or Start
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:13:24 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to use Daemon and encountered the following problem:
I want to prevent the Daemon from fully starting up if certain errors
are detected during init and/or start.  However, calling the Controller's
shutdown method gives me an IllegalStateException.

I have checked the source code, and this seems intentional.  In the
examples, I even see that the IllegalStateException is caught.  But I
want to prevent the daemon from running if this happens.

So my question is, if I want to abort init or start without getting an ugly
stack trace, what should I do???

Best regards,  Job Honig