commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Inconsistent Behavior...
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:26:21 GMT
Okay, I think I might be onto something here.  I've added some code in
to help me out a bit.  Here's what I added to FtpFileObject (in the
getChildFile method):

final StringBuffer msg = new StringBuffer();
msg.append("Children of " + getName() + " are: \n" );
for( java.util.Iterator i = children.keySet().iterator(); i.hasNext(); )
{
   final Object key = i.next();
   msg.append( key + " -> " + children.get(key) + "\n" );
}
log.debug(msg);

This is right after the call to doGetChildren().  Anyway, here's my output:

01-31@09:20:21 DEBUG (FtpFileObject)     - Children of
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/HomoloGene/current are:
pub/HomoloGene/current -> lr--r--r--   1 ftp      anonymous        7
Nov 21 21:42 pub/HomoloGene/current -> build58

Basically, "current" is a symbolic link.  And, on that particular FTP
server, apparently when you do a listing of that symbolic link, it
just shows you that it's a link and not the contents of the linked
directory.  So, the child map doesn't contain an entry for my file by
name.  So, it comes back with a null fileInfo and thus it's an
imaginary file.

On 1/29/08, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> I tried changing the files cache to Default and LRU and it didn't
> help.  So, it doesn't look like a race condition.  I'll keep digging.
>
> On 1/29/08, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> > Could there be some sort of race condition going on here?  I see that
> > there is a thread started by the SoftRefFilesCache (which is what it
> > seems to be using here).
> >
> > On 1/29/08, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> > > I compiled it from src into my local repository.  I'll see if I can
> > > figure it out via debugging.

Skipping
Skipping
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/