commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Inconsistent Behavior...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:13:07 GMT
On 1/29/08, Artamonov, Juri <jartamonov@fusionone.com> wrote:
> Seems I had something similar and I couldn't get it as well before since I always was
getting UrlFileProvider. After I looked on the code I see that providers.xml contains

>     <provider class-name="org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.ftp.FtpFileProvider">
>         <scheme name="ftp"/>
>         <if-available class-name="org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFile"/>
>     </provider>
>
> That means org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFile should be in your classpath. After I added
the corresponding library it works.

> Could you please check that org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFile is in your classpath?

I've had that issue before and fixed it.  So, I know it's in the
classpath.  I added a Class.forName() to my code to verify and it
didn't get a ClassNotFoundException.  Of course, the fact that this
code works sometimes and doesn't other times would lead me to believe
that it's not a classpath issue.