commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCXMLDigest -> SCXMLParser migration issue
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2008 01:12:36 GMT
On 1/18/08, Davide Angelocola <davide.angelocola@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've an issue regarding the migration from SCXMLDigest to the new
> SCXMLParser. I've attached both the test and the input file.
>
> Is it a known bug?

<snip/>

In general, the SCXMLParser is not a drop-in replacement for the
SCXMLDigester, as mentioned in the Javadocs.

The SCXMLParser is based on the latest W3C Working Draft. Taking a
quick look at your sample, there is atleast one thing that needs
changing here. The following idiom (from older drafts):

<transition ...>
    <target next="foo"/>
</transition>

needs to be replaced by:

<transition ... target="foo"/>

Compare, before [1] and after [2].

It may be better to migrate your SCXML documents so you can use the
SCXMLParser. If that is not immediately feasible, you can continue to
use the deprecated SCXMLDigester for now, which will remain in all
v0.x releases (and will be removed in v1.0).

-Rahul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-scxml-20050705/#N1015A
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-scxml-20070221/#transition