commons-user mailing list archives

From "栗磊" <>
Subject Re: commons-configuration reload() how to do it?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:59:19 GMT
here is my problem, how can i use the commons-fileUpload component with JSF?
cause the Form should be set as martipart-data, but the jsf action component
like commandButton's actionEvent isn't invoked at can i do with it?

the MyFaces way is to make a MartipartEncodeFilter called ExtensionFiter to
deal with the request , and make a httpServletRequestWrraper .but i rather
to do this in SUN RI way.can anyone tell me

2008/1/25, Christian Migowski <>:
> Hi Oliver,
> thanks for your advice!
> > Your observation that reload() only performs a reload if the
> > reloading
> > strategy considers this necessary (which is never for the default
> > reloading strategy) is correct.
> > Maybe an overloaded reload() method with a boolean force flag
> > would make
> > sense to make this more convenient?
> Yes. For me it seems most logical to hide the current reload method
> (rename
> it to something like reload_internal() and make it private/protected) and
> create a reload method which actually reloads.
> In the current implementation, the reload() method is useless (from a
> users
> point of view): either it does not reload or the config will be
> automatically reloaded when a property is accessed - no need to call
> reload().
> I understand the rationale behind the reload approach in
> commons-configuration, but i think it is a common use case to load config,
> work with it and at some point of time explicitly reload it. If you don't
> agree, a hint in the documentation (explicitly calling reload does nothing
> for you) would help other users for sure.
> thanks again,
> best regards,
> christian!

Software Development Group, Computer Center
BYD Company Limited
No.3001, Hengping Road, Pingshan, Longgang, Shenzhen, 518118, P.R.China
Tel: +86-755-89888888
Fax: +86-755-84202222