commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matteo Di Palma" <dipalma.mat...@gmail.com>
Subject How save a file into DB
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:02:20 GMT
Hi,
I have created a file upload. Work, but I save the file in the first time in
a temporary folder and after into DB...but I want save the file only in my
DB.
Do you have any suggestion?

This is my code:

DiskFileUpload dfu = new DiskFileUpload();

 try {
     List fileItems = dfu.parseRequest(req);
     Iterator it = fileItems.iterator ();
     while (it.hasNext()) {
          FileItem f = (FileItem) it.next();
          File file=new File(getServletContext().getRealPath("/"), f.getName
());
          f.write(file);
          out.println ("File " + f.getName() + " saved in "
                         + file.getAbsolutePath() + "<BR>");

         Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
         Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:mysql://localhost/test",
                                     "root", "root");
         PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement("insert into immagini
values(null, ?)");
         FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
         ps.setBinaryStream(1, fis, (int)file.length());
         ps.executeUpdate();
         ps.close();
         conn.close();
    }