commons-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A way to determine pool size / Logging?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:10:57 GMT
The properties apply to JDBC connections, not the pool.  You need to
set the properties on the pool directly, i.e. connectionPool.setXxx

Phil

On 1/22/08, Rob Wilson <RobW@bestexecution.co.uk> wrote:
> An update...
>
> It actually looks like I'm getting the default values for the properties - the only properties
that were used were the username and password.

> Do I need to prefix the property names with anything?
>
> I'm not using JNDI / datasource, I'm using the PoolingDriver version (with GenericObjectPool,
ConnectionFactory and PoolableConnectionFactory).

> Any help will be appreciated.
> Rob.

 Doing connectionPool.getMaxActive() is returning 8 (the default), yet I have initialized
it as follows...

> connectionPool = new GenericObjectPool(null);
>
> Properties properties = new Properties();
> properties.put("user", JDBC_USER);
> properties.put("password", JDBC_PASSWORD);
>
> // The initial number of connections that are created when the pool is started.
> properties.put("initialSize", "5");
>
> /**
> * The maximum number of active connections that can be allocated from this pool
> * at the same time, or non-positive for no limit.
> */
> properties.put("maxActive", "15");
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the content of this message arising from e-mail transmission which cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error free. The contents of this message do not constitute a commitment by
Best Execution. The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this e-mail
or any information it contains is prohibited