commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Wilson" <R...@bestexecution.co.uk>
Subject RE: A way to determine pool size / Logging?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:08:08 GMT
An update...

It actually looks like I'm getting the default values for the properties - the only properties
that were used were the username and password.

Do I need to prefix the property names with anything?

I'm not using JNDI / datasource, I'm using the PoolingDriver version (with GenericObjectPool,
ConnectionFactory and PoolableConnectionFactory).

Any help will be appreciated.
Rob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Wilson [mailto:RobW@bestexecution.co.uk]
Sent: 22 January 2008 17:00
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: A way to determine pool size / Logging?

Thanks for the quick reply, oddly I'm not getting the 'maxActive' value I was expecting.
Doing connectionPool.getMaxActive() is returning 8 (the default), yet I have initialized it
as follows...

connectionPool = new GenericObjectPool(null);

properties.put("user", JDBC_USER);
properties.put("password", JDBC_PASSWORD);

// The initial number of connections that are created when the pool is started.
properties.put("initialSize", "5");

/**
* The maximum number of active connections that can be allocated from this pool
* at the same time, or non-positive for no limit.
*/
properties.put("maxActive", "15");

Any suggestions?

Cheers,