commons-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ID] parent pom not found
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:00:13 GMT
On Jan 18, 2008 12:57 AM, John Cartwright <John.C.Cartwright@noaa.gov> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to compile commons-id from the repository and simply
> exported the trunk:
>  "svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/id/trunk"
> and tried "mvn compile".
>
> I received the error:
>
> Project ID: null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox-parent
> for project: null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT for project
> null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>

> Can someone help me w/ the current location for the parent pom on this
> project?

We are just in the process of voting on a release of the
commons-sandbox-parent pom. Once that has been released (hopefully in
a couple of days) then we will be changing all the sandbox pom's from
3-SNAPSHOT to the released version and your problem should go away. In
the meantime you can change the id's parent from
"commons-sandbox-parent" to "commons-parent" (version 7) and it should
work OK.

Niall