commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] LevenbergMarquardtEstimator - maximal number of evaluations exceeded
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:58:23 GMT
Al Lelopath a écrit :
> Ok, I have the source now. Thank you.
>
> Having some compile troubles. I've included the beanutils and
> discovery jars in the project.
> There are several source folders:
> src/experimental
> src/java
> src/mantissa/src
> src/mantissa/test-src
> src/
>
> src/java is the only one the compiles correctly at the moment.
> Listed below are representative errors. Can you offer any suggestions?

src/java is the [math] library by itself. The mantissa directories
correspond to a code base that is progressively integrated into [math].
Some parts have already been merged (Levenberg-Marquardt comes from
here) and hence they have been removed from this directory. Some
remaining parts did depend on the the transfered part so they cannot be
compiled anymore since the package names have been changed from
org.spaceroots to org.apache.commons.

The simplest way to compile everything is to use maven
(http://maven.apache.org/). Thanks to both its default settings and the
pom.xml configuration file, maven knows which directories should be
ignored. Download maven and launch it from the top directory like this:

   mvn package

This will download "lots" of maven own plugins and the few dependencies
[math] needs. Hopefully, this huge download occurs only the first time
one uses maven. At the end, you should have a jar file in the target
directory.

Maven can be launched from a command shell as explained above, but can
also be integrated in your development environment (Eclipse, for example).

There are other ways to build [math] (using ant, using maven 1, using
eclipse ...).

Luc