commons-user mailing list archives

From Mickey <mickey...@taosnet.com>
Subject [math] LevenbergMarquardtEstimator - maximal number of evaluations exceeded
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:59:40 GMT
When using the LevenbergMarquardtEstimator to solve for a quardratic
equation. I get the exception below. Can anyone explain to me what is
happening? This code works for most data that I have, but not in this
particular case. This code is set into motion by clicking a button.

The code that throw the exception is:

throw new EstimationException("maximal number of evaluations exceeded
({0})",
                             new String[] {
                             Integer.toString(maxCostEval)
                        });

In this case maxCostEval is 1000. I tried setting it to 10,000, but I
still get the same error. I'm confused first of all in that the String
above doesn't appear in the exception and second in what the
NoSuchMethodError is supposed to indicate.

exception:
Jan 28, 2008 7:45:52 AM
STDERR: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
Jan 28, 2008 7:45:52 AM
STDERR: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.math.MathException.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)V
Jan 28, 2008 7:45:52 AM
STDERR:     at
org.apache.commons.math.estimation.EstimationException.<init>(EstimationException.java:42)
Jan 28, 2008 7:45:52 AM
STDERR:     at
org.apache.commons.math.estimation.LevenbergMarquardtEstimator.estimate(LevenbergMarquardtEstimator.java:511)
(... and more ...)