commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:06:15 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Rodrigo may well be right. The best way to be sure is first to double-check that you are running
the 1.1.1 release (well, 1.1.0 would also do, but latest is best). Then enable "diagnostic
output". If the output doesn't make things obvious, then please post an email to the list
with the diagnostic output attached, plus a description of your classpath (eg "webapp deployed
in tomcat, with commons-logging in both the webapp and the shared_lib dir, and flag parent-first
set on the classloader).

That info should be enough to figure out what the cause of the problem is.

See the "troubleshooting" section on the commons-logging website for details on how to enable
diagnostic logging:
http://commons.apache.org/logging/commons-logging-1.1/troubleshooting.html

Regards,

Simon