commons-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: [configuration] Config + Digester NoSuchMethodException
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:58:30 GMT
Quoting Oliver Heger <>:

> schrieb:
>> This is only happening on one box and I can't figure out why
>> because every other box with (seemingly) the same jar files is
>> working just fine.
>> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: SAX
>> Exception caught
>>    at
>> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(
   [my own
>> code]
>> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: No such accessible
>> method: addConfiguration() on object:
>> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationFactory$ConfigurationBuilder
>>    at  org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(
>>    at  [...]
>> org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(
    ... 11
>> more
>> Any ideas?  It still happens even if I switch versions of digester
>> and config jar files, and when I tried replacing the JVM.
>> thanks
>> Joe
> Hm,
> looks like jar hell. Which versions of configuration and digester do
> you use? Is it possible that jars with different version numbers are on
> your class path? Or that jars are in the lib/ext directory of your JRE?

I know it looks like jar hell.  However, I've done this with multiple
versions of the digester and config jars including the latest and
greatest (digest 1.8 and config 1.4).

And in a slightly different environment/setup (embedded in a JBoss
server), the jar files that I should be using (config 1.1 and the
digester that's bundled with struts 1.2.9) have no problem at all.
This only came about when trying to make a standalone version of the
code to debug an SSL connectivity issue.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message