commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject Re: How to obtain a file last modification date
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:12:30 GMT
---- "Inma MarĂ­n" <> schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know how to get a file last modification time, if it is
> possible. The file is included in a multipart request and is obtained as
> follow:

I do not think this is possible.

The only way to get a file upload to happen is by sending a standard HTML tag that *requests*
the remote browser to prompt the user for a file. The browser then sends back whatever information
it thinks is appropriate; this does include the filename but I don't think it includes much

The server has no way to *force* the browser to send more data.

I suggest you use firefox with the "live http headers" plugin; you will see what firefox sends
back to the server.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message