commons-user mailing list archives

From "Roshan A. Punnoose" <rpunno...@proteus-technologies.com>
Subject RE: [BeanUtils] BeanUtils and Introspector
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:32:52 GMT
Thanks!

This is exactly what I have been looking for. I think the best course
would be to look into adding a BeanInfo class to the classloader or
using the Tuscany SDO impl.

Roshan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ole Ersoy [mailto:ole.ersoy@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:23 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [BeanUtils] BeanUtils and Introspector

Just added a few comments to Simon's comments:

simon wrote:

> Note that this would allow you to dynamically add a property to *class
> Foo*, but not to an *instance* of class Foo. AFAIK that was simply
never
> expected by the javabeans spec designers and I doubt that will ever be
> possible.

The same is true for the instances of an EMF EClass.  You would have
to the EClass instance first, then use the EClass instance to create
and instance of the Object the EClass instance represents.  Then you
could
use eGet and eSet to get and set the properties you added to the eClass.
So
it sounds like the two processes are very similar.

I think Tuscany SDO supports
adding properties to an existing instance at runtime.  I think that is
what the type being "Open" means...  There's more info here:

http://java.sys-con.com/read/358059.htm

Cheers,
- Ole