commons-user mailing list archives

From "Swamy, Suraj (Suraj)" <ssw...@avaya.com>
Subject State machine not making transition as expected
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:52:06 GMT
Hi All,

          I'm facing a weird error wherein my state machine does not
seem to be transitioning as expected. Here is a snapshot of the state
machine

                    <state id="sendMessage">

                  <transition event="incomingmessage"
target="verifyMessage" />

            </state>

            <state id="verifyMessage">

                  <transition event="valid" taget="responseComplete"/>

                  <transition event="invalid" taget="invalidResponse"/>

            </state>

            <state id="invalidResponse">

                  <transition event="incomingmessage"
target="verifyMessage" />

            </state>

            <state id="responseComplete" final="true">

            </state>

      The problem occurs when I'm in state verifyMessage. I fire the
event as follows

executor.triggerEvent(new
TriggerEvent("valid",TriggerEvent.SIGNAL_EVENT));

but the state machine does not move to the target which is
responseComplete. It remains in verifyMessage. I fail to understand this
error. I shall be really thankful if you could shed some light on this
behavior. I'm using release 0.6.

Thanks,

Suraj